Monday, March 16, 2009

Long Over Due Post - "Our Family is Great" FHE lesson

Isn't it ironic that when you work really hard trying to come up with great posts that hardly anyone visits your blog? And then when you go a month and a half without writing ANY posts, you check your counter and see that you've gotten more visits than ever? I find that both humorous and depressing!

Anyway, I thought I'd write a post today to keep my blog alive. I just need to think of one....
Hmmm...good Family Home Evening idea.....what should I write about????

Ok, here's one!

Gather your kids around you tonight, open up your old picture albums that you haven't looked at in years (or drag out the shoebox full of good intentions) and talk about what a wonderful, loving family you are (even if you don't feel like you are). Take time to look at each picture and reminisce about the things you've done together.

And be sure to take the time to point out all the GOOD things you're kids have done over the years and why you are so grateful Heavenly Father sent them to you. Tell them specific things that you love about each of them; make them feel loved and wanted. Who could ask for a better family night than that? Easy, effective, and enlightening!

P.S. If you try ANY of these ideas and like them, please comment or email me and let me know.
Thanks!

4 comments:

Jen Morrison said...

Great idea! I love that you are posting again!

Janet said...

Thanks Jen!

My Life as a Domestic Goddess said...

This was a nice easy one with no prep. Perfect for me! The boys loved looking at their pictures. They were interested the whole time. That is a first! Thanks!

Chelsea said...

So cute! What a great idea, I love simple. Sometimes we make life so complicated, but it is the simple moments of joy our families treasure and remember the longest.